Tuesday, September 22, 2009

DAN REPLIED TO MY COMMENT!!!!!

Hey!!! I asked Dan, "What do you mean by you "legally" can't listen or publish our ideas?

And then, he replied:

Let's say I've been planning to write an episode, or create a TV series, or write a movie about a dog. Of course, there are a BILLION different stories one could write about a dog.

Now... let's say I start listening to (and reading) story ideas from people I don't even know -- strangers -- anyone out there on Earth who wants to talk to me. I'd be hearing/reading HUNDREDS of ideas that had something to do with dogs.

Then one day, I write a movie (or TV show) about a dog.

Guess what happens next.

Every single person I ever listened to who pitched me a story that had ANYTHING to do with a dog SUES ME for "stealing" their story.

Sadly, that's what happens. Because of that, people in my position can't entertain ideas (verbally or in writing) from random people who don't have agents or some kind of official representation.

I hope that sheds some light on the subject. :)

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS is a DREAM COME TRUE!!!!!
Thank you, Daniel J. Schneider, my writing inspiration, and my FAVE writer, for making MY DREAM come true!!!! You rock, man!!!!

Love, Sami :)

No comments:

Post a Comment